Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
The involvement of parent volunteers is absolutely essential for the success of our outstanding band program and our students. It is the one opportunity, at the high school level, where parents can be directly involved with their student. With the many events- football games, marching festivals, concerts, etc- on our calendar, it takes the time and energy of a small army to support our kids!
Log into Charms Office Assistant and check all the volunteer opportunities and needs on the calendar.
How Do I Get Involved with the Band?
All of the information and activities may seem a bit overwhelming, but we promise there is an opportunity somewhere in our program for your expertise. Please see below for an explanation of specific areas where the band can use your help. Remember, you can get involved at any level. There is nothing that says that if you volunteer to help that you are now committed to be at every practice and event. The more people that volunteer the easier it is to spread the load around. If something here sparks your interest or you think there is something else you can offer just let us know. You can contact our Booster Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
In order to better protect our students it is required that all volunteers complete Wentzville School District Volunteer Forms A and B and submit these to the district. There is no charge for these. In order to travel on an overnight trip with the students the FBI/Highway Patrol Background Check is necessary.
Working with this special group of young people can be very rewarding and lots of FUN! Someday your child will thank you for your support.
- Fitting – Every band member gets fitted for a uniform in August.
- Hemming – Each pair of pants (200+) is hemmed and pressed to fit each member.
- Repairs – No matter how careful everyone is there are always seams that need mending, buttons that need to be sewn back on and stains and marks that need to be touched up each week. Normal practice is to try to get as much of this work done during Thursday night rehearsals.
- Color Guard:
- Assist the girls on as needed basis at football games and competitions.
- Flag sewing:
- Every season each color guard member will require 4 to 5 new flags. With more than 20 guard this has become a major task. Help is needed to cut and sew all these flags. You can do a lot or a little. This usually takes place late in the summer or early fall as the flag designs are done.
- Pit Crew:
- Each out of town performance requires two to three trucks of equipment to support the band from food and water to uniform racks and instruments. Pit crew is responsible for loading and unloading all of this equipment as well as getting all the pit and props on and off the field quickly for each show. See the Pit Crew page for more information and crazy photos.
- Food Committee:
- For most competitions the band boosters feed the band at least one meal. The food committee is the tireless gang that takes care of making sure everyone gets fed.
- Fundraising committee:
- Assist with various fundraisers and/or suggest new ideas.
- Scrip – help with distribution (learn more about scrip here)
- Cheesecakes – sales, promotion and distribution
- Poinsettia – sales, promotion and distribution
- Pageant of the Bands - dinner planning, set up, promotion, preparation
- Basket Raffle – planning, promotion, sales
- Spirit Wear – help with sales at football games
- Activity Calendar – sell calendar ads, layout
- Corporate Sponsorships – recruit businesses to support the band at many different levels (learn more about our sponsors here)